As fellow parents, we fully understand how hard it is to find the right school for your family. From public school to home school and everything in between there are plenty of options in Lincoln, NE. We invite you to dig deeper and do a little research about our school on your own!
Have the ideas of alternative education piqued your interest?
If so, we recommend reading Courage to Grow: How Acton Academy Turns Learning Upside Down, by Laura Sandefer, Acton's Co-Founder. This fast, engaging read is the best account our learner-driven studios.
Why an Independent School like Acton Academy Lincoln?
As an independent school, we place great value on preparing our students not only for High School (coming soon!) but also for a world beyond school. We believe in the education of the whole person - inside and outside of the studio - and encourage students to develop intellectually as well as into citizens of good character.
Quests help students learn about potential careers they might be interested in as well as develop lasting skills such as the ability to work as a team, develop creative solutions, and to set and crush goals.
Students from all backgrounds thrive at Acton Academy Lincoln: Whether your family comes to us from a Montessori school, after homeschooling, public school, private Christian school, or charter school, we believe a like-minded tribe aligned around a common purpose is powerful. Learning happens all the time, and staff, parents, and children each have a powerful part to play. All parts of our learning community are engaged for support, to share perspective, and bring value.
Acton Founder Jeff Sandefer with Dr. Jordan Peterson
TED: Let's Teach For Mastery -- Not Test Scores
The Educational System | Seth Godin
A MUST Watch Interview With Laura Sandefer!
TED: Do schools kill creativity?
A Day in the Life of Acton Students
Most Likely to Succeed Trailer
- Courage to Grow, by Laura Sandefer, co-founder of Acton Academy Austin
- Unschooling Rules: 55 Ways to Unlearn What We Know About Schools and Rediscover Education, by Clark Aldrich
- The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined, by Sal Khan
- Creative Schools: The Grassroots Revolution That's Transforming Education, by Sir Ken Robinson
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol S. Dweck
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children, by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google that Will Transform How You Live and Lead, by Laszlo Bock, Former Head of People Operations at Google
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn't Born. It's Grown. Here's How., by Daniel Coyle